Monday, September 25, 2006

Foriegn situation

Lone Peak to Walden was one of the most drastic changes in situations I've ever witnessed. The changes in social settings, going from one of the cliquest schools to just being a person; it was like a total frontal lobotomy. I had to change my thought proccess from "Do anything to fit in," to "Who am I really?" I've had to change myself too often in the past, that remembering who I am, and being that person seems . . . warped. Everyone is different, and seems for the most part to know who they are. Instead of being decked out in designer threads, I see people in cheesy 80's prom dresses. Instead of kids driving 06 lexuses, and brand new BMW convertibles, kids ride the bus, or have parents come and pick them up. Re-wiring my brain to go from Perfect Lone Peak to Be Yourself Walden has been one of the most scary, confusing, utterly amazing experience I've had.

I suppose I could compare myself with Poccahantas, seeing as she traveled to a "new world" and witnessed "new and amazing things". Luckily, I have yet to be exiled from my family, married a 43-year-old british man, or died of small pox. I'll try and avoid those things in the future. Shall we stay with new and exciting experiences? Yes? Good.

<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home